Saturday, June 20, 2009

Adam Lambert

As the people of Iran take their desent to the streets, a related revolution is erupting in the web.

All week, Twitter avatars, Facebook mugshots, websites and blogs have been going green in solidarity with Iranians protesting the results of the election, in which incumbent Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has claimed victory.

Not eco-conscious green, but literally, the color green — as in that funky iridescent hue seen through nightvision goggles.They're popping up in all shapes, sizes and forms and will continue to spread like a global epidemic - sure reminds you of H1N1 dont it. But this epidemic, you can't contain with isolation wards or prevent with face masks... its unpreventable, its globalization to the more advanced stages, thanks to social media & the web. A revolutionary tool that Obama embraced to become the first black president in the states, a tool that can now drive political changes.

I've still not read an explanation of why green but as support to the cause, my Twitter profile picture has gone green.
a
a
a
It's been an amazing week after coming back from Adtech. Last Saturday, Mindshare was crowned agency of the year at the most prestigious media awards in Malaysia. This marks her 4th consecutive agency of the year win.
a
I was terribly proud to be involved in the win, except how my picture came out on adoi magazine. Man, what an angle. Plus, look at who's trying to pin me down.. AHHA

d
a
a
Im proud to have also contributed to the win, by bagging the GOLD under the 'best use of a small budget' category. The win was for a very meaningful campaign Tim and myself embarked on in the early days of Nuffnang. The campaign model has then been used to roll out many other succesful campaigns.
ddd
a
a

Thanks to iHub for designing this popart for my birthday - picture is taken from my old Facebook profile picture.
d
a
a
a
Due thanks to all my colleagues at work for throwing me this surprise on my birthday and thanks to audrey for making it public on her blog. http://fourfeetnine.com/2009/06/17/popeye/#comments
a
a
I was away in Singapore for a couple of days in an advertising conference and left my car in my workplace basement.
d
a
a

This is how it looked like when i came back.
a
a
I believe those pictures sticking on the windscreen are of Adam Lambert's or however you spell it.. it's certainly not within my interest to find out. My colleagues found out about how i like to stare at gays so they thought of sticking some of them on my windscreen so i can stare at them all the time whilst im driving. Lack of sticking them the wrong way i guess.

The eyelashes & lips must have been the work of Audrey... i have got very little doubts about that. Audrey can very soon turn into an official English adjective.
a
I was out with Tim & Ming some weeks ago when Tim was trying to buy a handbag for Audrey and when Ming and myself saw the bag he went for... we went "that's so Audrey"... same goes to the lashes man... "so Audrey".
a
But sincerely, thanks alot for the surprise guys (all of you who were involved) - i can feel the love! HAHA love you all


No comments: