Saturday, November 1, 2008

Will the "prophet" of CHANGE be spared the allegation of sedition?

Man, whether Raja Petra Kamarudin has been given access to a Sony Vaio VGN-TX27GP + Maxis USB broadband he hides in his pants

Or a 3G phone

Or pen and paper where he writes his logs, folds it into a paper aeroplane and flies it out of the little window in his cell and because even the wind is in symphathy of his unlawful detention, it flies the paper aeroplane out of the Kamunting camp - Marina Lee comes by to collect it from time to time to translate it into a weblog on his website Malaysia Today


Or its simply just somebody else writing, I DON'T CARE.. i'll still be reading and i think you should to


NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

My sedition trial will resume on 10th November 2008 after a three week postponement. Thus far six prosecution witnesses have testified and it appears like the prosecution has 10-13 more witnesses lined up.

Basically, the government is of the view that my article, “Let’s send the Altantuya murderers to hell”, is seditious. And to ensure that I am duly punished, other than facing trial, I am also under Internal Security Act detention. This means, even if the court acquits me, I shall still not be free.

It is like taking double insurance. Either way you are covered.

I suppose sedition is the natural thing to charge me with. Moses was charged with sedition that he had to flee Egypt. Jesus was charged with sedition and the Christians believe he was executed because of that. Muhammad too was charged with sedition and the Muslims believe that God commanded him to flee Mecca lest he get murdered that same evening.

I am not trying to compare myself to the three main prophets of the Abrahamic religions. What I am trying to say is that if even the three most important prophets of the Jews, Christians and Muslim are not spared the allegation of sedition, then who am I to escape?

On 7th November, the court will decide if my ISA detention is legal. I could say that my freedom is now in the hands of the judge and may he rule wisely. And of course, to me, “wisely” would mean to free me – whereas that may not quite be the government’s view of “wise”.

No comments: